Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the Classroom Course work?
- Our Classroom drivers education program runs for just 9 days (Mon-Fri) for 2 hours per class period. These classes are taught at various schools and locations throughout Salt Lake County, and Utah County. Price for our 9 day classroom course with driving is 275.00 dollars (includes classroom, 3 driving sessions).
- How much do driving lessons only cost?
- Driving only is $225.00 dollars
- How much is the online course?
- The online class is only $50. You can get your state required driving instruction with us for an additional $225.
- How do a schedule a driving lesson?
- You can self schedule your drives through our self-scheduling portal once you are registered for the driving sessions.
- Do I need a permit to take Wright Driving School’s drivers education class being held at my school?
- No, you can take the class or complete the online course without a driver’s permit.
- How many road driving sessions do I need to qualify for a driver’s license?
- You can complete the state of Utah requirements in three driving sessions.
- When do I drive on the freeway during the course?
- We give driving instruction on the freeway during your second road drive.
- What do I need to know for my final road test?
- On your third, and final drive, our instructor will go over the maneuvers students will be asked to demonstrate for during their road test.
- What do I need before signing up for road drives?
- A driving permit and 15-20 personal driving hours with parents or adults (Actual road driving hours, not just those spent in a parking lot).
- After the road drives are completed, do I nee to take a final written test in addition to the road driving test?
- Students need to take the online quiz on dld.utah.gov “Traffic Safety and Trends Exam” in addition to the road driving test.
- I’m over 19-years old, do I still need to take drivers ed?
- No. You need to obtain a driving permit by taking the written test, waiting 90-days, then taking a final driving test. If you are pressed for time and don’t want to wait 90-days, you can take our online drivers ed program and complete the three road driving sessions to expedite the process.
If the above FAQs do not answer your question please use the chat function in the bottom right for the fastest response.
Our Office hours are Monday – Friday, 9:30am to 5:00pm.
Chat is the primary way to contact Wright Driving School. If you need to reach someone by phone please call: 801-209-2328